Toastie with truffle cheese and radicchio salad
Lunch or dinner · No meat/no fish · Cooks in 20 minutes · Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices of spelt bread
- 300 g Basiron Truffle Cheese
- 1 head of radicchio, finely sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled
Cheese: Basiron Truffle
You will also need:
a cheese slicer and a toastie maker
- Smear a thin layer of oil on the outside of the bread. Cut slices off the Basiron Truffle Cheese. Lay the cheese on half of the bread pieces. Scatter the salad on top. Cover with the other half of the bread.
- Place in the toastie maker and toast for around 3 minutes on both sides. When the bread is golden and crispy, the toastie is ready.
- Take out the toasties and when still hot, rub a clove of garlic on the outside. Cut into triangles and serve.
Use chicory instead of radicchio
Veldhuyzen Blue Label Cheese makes great toasties as well.