Quiche with young leek, cherry tomatoes and sharp cheese
Lunch or dinner · No meat/no fish · Cooks in 25 minutes (+ 25 minutes oven time) · Serves 4
- 6 slices of pre-rolled short crust pastry, defrosted
- 400 g young leeks, halved lengthwise
- 125 ml cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh leaves of marjoram
- 125 g Veldhuyzen Blue Label Cheese, grated
- 200 g yellow and red cherry tomatoes, halved
Cheese: Veldhuyzen Blue label
You will also need:
a quiche tin ø 24 cm, greased
- 1 Preheat the oven at 210 °C. Line the tin with the pastry.
- 2 Cut the leek into 5 cm lengths. Cook for 5 minutes in plenty of salted water. Drain well.
- 3 Whisk the cream, eggs and marjoram in a bowl. Add the Veldhuyzen Blue Label Cheese and season with pepper.
- 4 Spoon the leek into the pastry base. Pour on the cheese mix. Scatter the tomatoes on top, cut side up.
- 5 Place the quiche in the middle of the oven. Bake for 45 minutes; after 10 minutes turn down the temperature to 180 °C. Take out when it’s golden and cooked. Cut the quiche in wedges and put some extra cheese curls on top.
For a non-vegetarian quiche add fried slices of bacon, smoked mackerel or smoked slithers of salmon.
Cook the quiche with our delicious Hommage Coriander Cheese. Add roughly chopped coriander instead of marjoram.