Flammkuchen with jalapeño cheese, red onion and pancetta
Snack or side dish · No meat/no fish · Cooks in 15 minutes (+ 15 in the oven) · Serves 4
- 1 big round loaf of bread
- 150 g Montana Delicato Cheese, grated
- 75 g pesto flavoured olives, roughly chopped
- 75 g finely chopped rocket
- 3 tablespoons extra vierge olive oil
- You will also need a baking tray and a grater
Cheese: Montana Delicato
You will also need:
a baking tray and a grater
- Preheat the oven at 180 °C. Cut the bread at the top in 1 cm slices but don’t go all the way through to the bottom. Turn the bread 90 degrees and do the same, to make a grid of small squares that are a little loose.
- Mix the Montana Delicato Cheese, the olives, rocket and oil in a bowl. Pry open the bread so you can fill the crevices with the cheesy stuff (use a spoon).
- Bake the bread on a baking tray in ca 15 minutes until it is golden and crispy. Serve on a wooden board so everyone can tuck in. Goes well with soup!
This bread is easy to prepare in advance. Cover and store in the fridge until used.
Just as gorgeous with Basiron Jalopeño.