Flammkuchen with jalapeño cheese, red onion and pancetta
Brunch, lunch or appetiser · No meat/no fish · Cooks in 25 minutes · Serves 4
- 1 courgette
- 3 tablespoons extra vierge olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 75 g young salad and rocket leaves, washed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, leaves picked
- 2 tablespoons basil, leaves picked
- 2 tablespoons chives, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pecan nuts, coarsely chopped
- 100 g Maasdammer Cheese, in small cubes
You will also need:
a griddle pa and a, cheese slicer
- Cut the courgette in thin slices with the cheese slicer. Lightly brush the slices with oil. Heat the griddle pan. Griddle the courgette for three minutes, flip and do the other side for 2 minutes. Put the slices on a plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Mix the vinegar and shallot in a small bowl. Leave to marinate for 5 minutes. Make a dressing by adding 4 tablespoons of oil. Whisk and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad leaves and dressing in a bowl. Divide the courgette slices over 4 plates and put some salad leaves on top. Sprinkle with the green herbs, pecan nuts and cubes of Maasdammer Cheese.
Top off with curls of Montana Intenso Cheese for a parmesan flavour.